Astigmatism is a common eye condition that makes your vision distorted or blurry. It is usually caused by an error in the shape of the cornea. There are many people who have some degree of this disorder, and it can lower your quality of life. We at ClearView Eyecare serving Bellingham, WA, and the Northern Washington, WA, area, know a lot about astigmatism and how an optometrist on our team can help fix it.
What Are The Symptoms?
Common symptoms of this eye disorder may include the following:
- Blurry and distorted vision
- Troubles seeing at night
- Chronic headaches
What Are The Risk Factors?
There are certain factors that can put you at higher risk for astigmatism. They include:
- Being farsighted or nearsighted.
- Having a family members with astigmatism
- Eye surgery
There are two types of astigmatism - corneal and lenticular. The corneal type is characterized by a misshapen cornea, while the lenticular type affects the lens instead of the cornea.
What Are Astigmatism Treatment Options?
Here are the most common and effective treatment options for this eye condition:
- Prescription glasses and contact lenses: Mild and moderate cases are usually effectively treated with prescription eyewear. Usually, it is the first treatment a patient receives with this diagnosis. Most doctors claim that prescription glasses and contact lenses are enough, but in some cases, you may need additional treatment options.
- LASIK: It is a type of surgery that is used to fix vision problems and reduce people's dependency on contact lenses and glasses. It is a modern and mostly effective and safe option for vision correction.
Get Astigmatism Eye Care from an Optometrist on Our Optometry Team
Do you have astigmatism, or are you experiencing any symptoms of this eye condition? If yes, get a consultation of a professional optometrist who strives to help you. If you are from Bellingham, WA, or any other town in Northern Washington, WA, and you are searching for an optometrist, we at ClearView Eyecare is here for you.
We are here to help our patients to preserve and enhance their vision by eyecare. She has patients from Bellingham, WA, and other surrounding towns. The services offered at by us at ClearView Eyecare are to help you. If you have any questions, want to know more about our services, or you want to schedule an appointment with an optometrist on our optometry team, call us at (360) 392 8306.